Product SKU: F-RPC34
The Highland Light Infantry was formed in 1881, through the combination of the 71st and 74th Regiments and various volunteer regiments. It was most associated with Glasgow and the surrounding area. It was a non-Kilted Scottish regiment, hence this chap wears their distinctive trews. The uniform he shows was typical of the later Victorian period, and the dress uniform before the First World War. The regiment was merged with the Royal Scots Fusiliers in 1959 to form the Royal Highland Fusiliers and is now part of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
Stands 9.5cm tall and is cast from high quality 100% lead-free pewter. Presented on a base of polished wood, using off-cuts from our bagpipe workshops.
Cast and finished by our team of dedicated craftsmen in our workshop in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland.